The Micro-Batch Feeder for continuous volumetric feeding of powdery or
granular materials consists of a steel-reinforced SINT® engineering polymer body (optionally body entirely manufactured in stainless steel), a horizontally mounted rotating agitator tool, a feeder screw beneath the agitator tool, a feeder pipe enclosing the protruding feeder screw, one drive unit each for agitator and feeder screw.
Tests on product flow and material stress have been carried out to establish optimum body geometry. Agitator and feeder tool geometry and materials have also been tested before choosing an optimal steel and engineering polymer composite.
MBF series Micro-Batch Feeders are supplied in food-grade versions with FDA-approval on request
MBF series Micro-Batch Feeders for powder and granular product transportation are particularly suitable for poorly flowing materials which tend to clog, along with adhesive products.
Fed through a bag opening hopper, a bulk bag discharger, or another feeding device, the agitator tool manages to keep the material flowing reducing at the same time the possibility of formation of lumps or bridges.
The size of the product particles is of utmost importance when choosing the type of feeder screw. For example, fine, heavy materials call for tapered screws with reduced pitch flights, while granular, lighter materials require standard pitch cylindrical screws. Poorly flowing products with cohesion or bridging problems are homogeneously fed into the feeding zone by the blending shaft which is shaped according to the product properties.
Depending on the user’s individual requirements, MBF Micro-Batch Feeders can be supplied with alternative feeder screws and blending tools and with various accessories.
MBF Micro-Batch Feeders have been successfully operating in the following industries: food, building, plastics, chemicals, packaging, environmental technology
Performance & Technical Features and Benefits
Body in SINT®engineering polymer from a casting process complete with stainless steel end plates (alternatively entire body in stainless steel); all components interchangeable
- Agitator and feeder tool with separate drive units
- 3 sizes available; feed rates from 3dm3/h to 4,000dm3/h (0.001 to 2.4 cfm)
- Internal geometry of the body guarantees free flow of difficult materials
- Minimum clearance between the screw flight and the feeder pipe ensure high precision feeding.
- Independent drive units make it possible to select different drive powers and speeds for blending shaft and feeder screw
- Wide range of interchangeable feeder tools in SINT® engineering polymer or in stainless steel
- Flexibility in choice of micro-batch feeder most suitable for the material concerned
- Vast range of interchangeable components
- Easy and quick maintenance due to small number of components
- High degree of homogeneity of the fed material
- Easy and quick cleaning due to engineering polymer non-stick surface and quick access panel
Options & Accessories
- Units in FDA-approved food-grade SINT® engineering polymer or completely in stainless steel
- ATEX zone 22 certification
- Vertical outlet
- Pneumatic activator / electric vibrator
- Feeding hopper: increases storage capacity. On request available with flow aids.
- Square bag feed hopper
- Round bag feeding hopper with separately driven vertical agitator tool for materials that tend to pack under pressure
- Feeding pipe liner in standard or food-grade engineering polymer available on request.
- As an option food-grade requirements combined with "ATEX" conformity a model manufactured entirely in stainless steel is available.