The modular Tubular Screw Conveyor system is highly versatile offering
numerous solutions for conveying powdery or granular materials. Tubular Screw
Conveyors are manufactured in carbon steel with a suitable surface finishing.
They are made up from a tubular trough that is equipped with at least one inlet
and outlet spout, a welded flange at each tube end, helicoid screw flighting
welded on a centre pipe with a coupling bush at each end, two end bearing
assemblies complete with self-adjusting shaft sealing unit, a certain number of
intermediate hanger bearings depending on the overall length of the screw
conveyor. Furthermore, Tubular Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor
that suits the application. Tubular Screw Conveyors come in a medium-heavy-duty design only.
The light-duty version is mainly used for conveying of powders or granular materials in the production of pet-food, in the plastics industry, and in soap, washing powder and detergent processing. The medium-heavy-duty version is mainly used in animal feed milling, in wood processing, in the chemical industry, and in environmental technology for both municipal and industrial applications. The extra-heavy-duty version is mainly used in the cement / lime /gypsum, as well as in the mining industry.
Depending on the application various types of screws, inlet and outlet spout models are available.
The Tubular Screw Conveyor system is highly versatile and offers a variety of standard solutions for handling of powdery or granular materials. Depending on the characteristics of the material different models of conveyors or feeders are available in applications like concrete production (cement, fly-ash, filler, silica fume), asphalt production (hot and cold filler), premixed building materials (plasters, sand, cement, additives), glass processing (calcium carbonate, soda, sand, etc.), foundries (sand, bentonite), and many others.
Performance & Technical Features and Benefits
- 7 outside tube diameters (please refer to Deewan catalog)
- Outside tube complete with welded end flanges, one inlet, one outlet, inspection hatch beneath inlet and each intermediate hanger bearing
- Helicoid screw flighting welded on centre pipe
- End bearing assemblies complete with self-adjusting shaft sealing unit
- Splined shaft couplings
- Lifting eyes on each tube section
- Various types of screws flightings
- Small overall dimensions and compact design
- Small number of components and spare parts
- Maintenance-free versions available
- Easy installation
- Long life
- Low total weight
- Small diameter - great efficiency - high throughput rates
- Modular design offers a great variety of options suitable for numerous applications
- Optimum price-performance ratio
Options & Accessories
- Compact direct drive
- Direct drive with coupling transmission
- Drive with chain transmission
- Drive with belt transmission
- Inlets/outlets with beaded edge or welded flange
- Variable speed drive
- On request: different type end bearings, shaft seals, intermediate hanger bearings, screw designs