The Vertical Screw Lift System consists of a Horizontal Screw Feeder and a
Vertical Screw Conveyor.
The Horizontal Screw Feeder, which may feed material from a silo or hopper or simply convey it being fed by an upstream feeding device, consists of a U-shape or tubular trough in carbon steel with appropriate surface finishing. In any case the outlet zone consists of a short tubular section flanged at a right angle on the bottom section of the Vertical Screw Conveyor. A flange is welded at each end of the Horizontal Screw Feeder. The trough / tube contains a rotating screw with a shaft coupling bushes at each end that are connected with the shafts of the two end bearing assemblies. The Horizontal Screw Feeder is equipped with one or more intermediate hanger bearings should its overall length require any. Furthermore, it is equipped with a drive unit suitable for the application.
The Vertical Screw Conveyor consists of a tubular housing complete with a tangential inlet in the bottom section which connects with the outlet of the Horizontal Screw Feeder, an inclined outlet spout in the top section, end flanges welded on each conveyor tube section, a rotating screw in one or more sections with a shaft coupling bush at each end, a base bearing assembly complete with slide bush, and a certain number of intermediate hanger bearings should the overall height of the conveyor require any. The top-mounted drive unit with integrated end bearing assembly and self-adjusting shaft sealing unit is suitable for the application.
The Vertical Screw Lift System is available in a medium-heavy-duty version only.
The Vertical Screw Lift System consists of two units: a Horizontal Screw
Feeder which receives material from a silo, hopper, or another feeder or
conveyor, and a Vertical Screw Conveyor that lifts the material to a certain
level. Material may be discharged into a weigh hopper, into one or more silos,
or into another conveyor or conveying system.
Fabricated components, screws, and bearing assemblies have been specially designed for this system to facilitate maintenance.
The Vertical Screw Lift System, which excels through high volumetric efficiency and excellent mechanical features, was patented in various countries in the early 1980’s.
Performance & Technical Features and Benefits
- Small footprint
- Few parts subject to wear
- External tube diameter: 114 mm (4.5 in), 139 mm (5.5 in), 168 mm (6.6 in), 193 mm (7.6 in), 219 mm (8.6 in), 273 mm (10.7 in), 323 mm (12.7 in)
- Elevation height in steps of 1 metre (3.3 ft) up to a maximum of 20 metres (65.6 ft).
- Throughput rates: between 3 m³/h (1.8 cfm) and 95 m³/h (56 cfm) considering the volumetric efficiency of Portland cement.
- Low maintenance
- Exceptional price-quality ratio
- In comparison with bucket elevators and other pneumatic conveying systems : VE has Minimum overall dimensions, it is easier to maintain, only a few spare parts are required and it has the best price-performance ratio.