Sprng-Loaded Pressure Relief Valves consist of a cylindrical casing with clamped weld-on
spigot, a disc shape inner steel lid for negative pressure operation held in
position by a central spring rod, an outside steel ring for excess pressure kept
in position by three spring rods, gaskets, and a weather protection cover.
For some time, tighter safety regulations in industrialized countries have
ensured stricter enforcement of rules regarding the safeguarding of silos and
bins against excess and negative pressure. There is no question that other
countries will have to follow this example.
In the Spring Loaded Pressure Relief Valve, helical springs keep the valve lids closed when the pressure value remains within the preset limits. The three outside spring rods keep the external ring-shaped lid firmly closed as long as the force generated by the pressure inside the silo does not overcome the spring force. Once the pressure exceeds the preset value the lid is pushed up and the pressure can escape. The smaller lid covers the central circular opening of the external lid from below. It is held in the middle by a single spring rod and is pressed onto the external lid by the normal air pressure inside the silo. In the event of suction pressure, the spring is compressed and allows the lid to drop. The air entering the silo from outside ensures rapid pressure balance and pushes the central lid back up into the "closed" position.
Performance & Technical Features and Benefits
- Carbon steel body (VCP2731B) painted RAL 7001 or 304 / 316 stainless steel body (VCP2732B)
- Weather protection cover in stainless steel
- Body diameter = 273mm (10 in)
- Air volume up to 9,000m3/h (5,300 cfm)
- Equipment for inductive signalling sensors
- Both versions are preset for a maximum negative pressure of - 0.002 bar (0.03 psi) and a maximum excess pressure of + 0.05 bar (0.72 psi).
- Should the customer’s requirements be different, the valves can be set within a range of suction pressure from - 0.002 bar (0.03 psi) to - 0.012 bar (0.17 psi) and for excess pressure ranging from + 0.028 bar (0.4 psi) to + 0.1 bar (1.45 psi).
- Weight: 9.5 kg (21 lbs)
- Lightweight design and reduced overall dimensions make fitting an easier job.
- High resistance to atmospheric agents
- Easy to fit
- Quick maintenance
Option & Accessories
- Certified ATEX zone 21 version