For closing bins, hoppers and silos containing powders or granular materials,
VFS Butterfly Valves are among the most widely used equipment worldwide.
What used to be custom-built items for specific applications, have been turned into a mass-produced industrial product with features that allow extremely versatile use.
VFS Butterfly Valves are used in all types of bulk solids processing plants where interception of gravity-fed or pneumatically conveyed dry materials is required. They are fitted beneath hoppers, bins, silos, screw or other type conveyors, or to intercept pneumatic conveying ducts. Due to their special design and to the engineering materials used, for many years they have represented a particularly economic yet most efficient solution.
Performance & Technical Features and Benefits
- V1FS has a top flange and a bottom section suitable for fixing of a flexible sleeve.
- V2FS has identical top and bottom flanges.
- Pressure-proof up to 0.2 bar (2.9 PSI)
- High-pressure die-cast semi-bodies manufactured from aluminium alloy
- Disc in cast iron, SINT® engineering polymer, stainless steel
- Seals for standard or food-grade application
- Small number of components
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Interchangeable discs
- Highly abrasion-resistant
- Easy to fit
- Quick maintenance
- Ex-stock delivery
Option & Accessories
- ATEX zone 22 certification
- Stainless steel disc and integral seal food grade version for food industry
- Cast iron butterfly disc on request