Loading Bellows are used for efficient, dust-controlled loading of dry, dusty bulk solids into tankers. The spouts are provided with inner tapered cones to contain the flow of material and an outer double bellow to provide for dust removal. At the lower end of the Loading Bellow, a polymer-coated SINT cone with special sealing properties is provided for connection to the tanker.
Telescopic Loading Bellows are suitable for continuous loading at a maximum flow rate of 250m3/h of bulk material.
The outlet can be equipped with an anti-spillage device which acts as a dustproof stopper as the Loading Bellow is being raised. The equipment features an electric winch.
The fan of the dust filtration system increases the efficiency of the filtering elements. Due to an after-shutdown-cleaning-cycle, the filter elements are always in perfect condition at the start of each new loading.
First the Loading Bellow is lowered from the stand-by position towards the inlet spout of the tanker. As soon as the bellow outlet cone has settled on the inlet spout of the tanker, the slack cable switch mounted outside the transmission box stops lowering of the bellow. The limit switch inside the transmission box stops both full extension and contraction of the bellow. Material loading is started by opening the silo outlet valve.
During the filling of the tanker, the polymer SINT® coating of the outlet cone acts as a perfect dust seal. At the same time the filter fan continuously sucks dust through the external bellow into the integrated filter cartridges in the upper section of the unit and exhausts excess air. A slack cable switch activates further extension of the bellow as the tanker lowers under the increasing material weight. A level monitoring device installed in the centre of the outlet cone signals maximum material level in the tanker compartment and orders immediate closing of the silo outlet valve. Contraction of the bellow back to stand-by position starts after a delay of approximately ten seconds in order to allow the filter to evacuate the remaining dust. Once the bellow is fully contracted, the cable limit switch inside the transmission box stops operation. The preset after shut-down cleaning cycle now provides for additional pulse jet cleaning of the filter cartridges for another ten minutes.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits:
- Built-in dust filter reduces dust emission during filling operation
- Flexible chute in Neoprene covered by Hypalon makes the bellow weather-proof, highly abrasion and temperature-resistant and durable
- Reverse cone with inside level indicator indicates when tanker is full, raises loading bellow gradually and improves material distribution inside the tanker
- Two lifting cables outside the material flow raise and lower the loading bellow without any cable wear due to material friction and obstruction to material flow
Options & Accessories:
- Double bellows with optional internal steel cones
- Bellows manufactured in Neoprene / Hypalon (optionally food-grade) or Kevlar
- Control panel with remote control
- Available with capacitance level indicator, rotary level indicator or vibrating level indicator
- Outlet vibrator
- Anti-spillage device
- Metallic parts in contact with the material handled in wear-resistant steel